LOCAL GOVERNMENT GOOD GOVERNANCE MONITOR (LGGM)
The Local Government is the third tier of government in Nigeria. It is the closest government to the citizens and access point to government services. The aim of LGGM is to advance efficient delivery of quality and inclusive primary public education and health by local governments in South Eastern Nigeria.
With funding from OSIWA, CSAAE will build the capacity of 190 Nigerian youths in the South East to advance the efficient delivery of quality and inclusive primary public education and health by local governments in South Eastern Nigeria.
Primary responsibilities of LGGM Champions include, but are not limited to:
- Information engagement visits
- Site visits and verifications
- Data collection and collation
- Social media engagement
Qualifications and competencies
- Community development enthusiast
- Passionate about good governance
- Familiar with LGA primary public health and education systems
- Passionate about public health and education
- Good knowledge of the geography of selected LGA
- Must be resident in the selected LGA
- Minimum of secondary school education
- Access to a functional smart phone
- Good written and oral communication skills: Igbo and English
- Social media savvy
- Willing and ready to travel around the selected LGA
- Good monitoring and facts finding skills
- Grassroots mobilization skills
Application Closing Date
September 21, 2021
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply here.
What is in it for me?
This is a Volunteer Position with lots of invaluable benefits. Among other benefits, selected youths will:
- Be trained in government budgeting system and will be able to read and interprete government budgets at the end of the trainings.
- Be trained in effective communication, social media engagement and project monitoring.
- Meet other youth good governance and community enthusiasts; build beneficial networks; and build capacity.
- Meet top government officials, build beneficial networks and influence LGA public policy in primary health and education.
- Be awarded training and participation certificates endorsed by OSIWA and CSAAE, two reputable international organizations. These certificates enhance employability and improve standing in the society.
- Be provided with the resources to do their work including free hotel lodging, meals and transportation for trainings; transportation and airtime for project monitoring.
- And much more.
- Project duration is from September to December 2021
Remember, Volunteers do not necessarily have the time, they have the heart.
For Enquiries contact 08106179827.