The Centre for Social Awareness, Advocacy and Ethics
6th International Youth Leadership, Career Building and Entrepreneurship Summit
Venue: Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State, Nigeria
Date: July 12-13, 2019.
Registrations now open
This summit brings youths and professionals together to discuss issues of development in Nigeria, seek solutions to Nigerian socioeconomic problems, celebrate innovative initiatives tackling these problems and inspire youths to embrace their roles as critical actors in building a better Nigeria. The summit also provides expert career and entrepreneurship development support to youths and ends with a fireside professional networking designed to give youths informal access to influential professionals with wide networks.
Since 2014, CSAAE has successfully hosted the International Youth Leadership, Career Building and Entrepreneurship Summit in 6 tertiary institutions across Nigeria (with over 15,000 people in attendance) including Federal University of Technology Owerri (2014), Federal College of Education Obudu and Federal College of Dental Technology and Therapy Enugu (2015), University of Benin (2016), University of Jos (2017), and University of Ilorin (2018).
This year, the summit will feature FOUR major events in two full days
Friday, July 12, 2019: 10am to 3pm
(This event is open to the public and it is FREE, but registration is required)
The aim of this Fair is to discuss issues of development in Nigeria, seek solutions, celebrate initiatives tackling these problems, give initiators the voice to tell their stories, so they can gain the visibility they need to make more impact and inspire participants to embrace their roles as critical actors in building a better Nigeria. It will feature:
- Presentation (in form of panel discussions) of select Community Development Projects, Faith Based Projects, Campus Based Projects, Social and Business Enterprises initiated by youths. Professionals with wide networks will anchor the panels.
- Exhibitions: Opportunity to exhibit and market projects, enterprises and products to the public. Exhibitors will set up tables and boots to showcase projects and products.
Hon. Bonaventure Emenali
Former Commissioner for Youths and currently, Commissioner for Lands, Anambra State
Professor Charles Esimone
Vice Chancellor, NAU, Awka
Rev. Fr. Dr. Godswill Agbagwa
President, CSAAE, U.S.A.
Lead Speakers and Moderators:
Prof. Yu Zhangbao
Director, Confucius Institute, UNIZIK
Education, Media, Culture and Religion
Prof Chinyere Stella Okunna
Department of Mass Communication, UNIZIK
Economy, Finance, Power and Energy
Barr. Sam Okeke
Department of History and International Studies UNIZIK
Check back for updates on Lead Speakers and Moderators
Friday, July 12, 2019: 6pm -10pm
ELP Mid-Year Leadership Portfolio Summit
(This is a closed-door event for CSAAE members only)
Saturday, July 13, 2019: 9am – 2pm
Career Building and Entrepreneurship Boot Camp
(This event is open to the public, but participants must register with N2500.00)
The aim of this training is to help youths navigate one of three paths from college to career: entering the workforce, pursuing a post-graduate degree, or starting a business. Our expert career and enterprise development service providers from within and outside Nigeria will be on ground to help participants initiate enterprises in areas of market demand, land dream jobs or further their education. It will feature hands-on trainings on:
- Enterprise Development: Identifies entrepreneurship opportunities in areas of market demand, provides resources for start-ups and scale-ups.
- Enterprise Management: Helps participants build project management skills and teamwork capabilities. Walks participants through start-up paperworks including business registration and other due process issues. Advises on partnership opportunities and franchising.
- Enterprise Funding: Identifies funding opportunities for start-ups and scale-ups including grants and business loans. Walks participants through application processes.
- Job Placement Support: Offers vocational counseling and job leads to job seekers, fine-tunes CVs and provides tips for successful job interviews; helps students find internships.
- Further Education: Counsels on personality to success achievement traits. Identifies study opportunities including scholarships home and abroad and walks participants through the application process
Special note on Boot Camp:
- All participants receive CSAAE international certificate
- All participants are entitled to extended technical support beyond the summit
- All participants attend the Fireside Professional Networking at no additional cost
- All participants stand the chance to win HP laptop, tablet or phone at C-draw
- All participants are entitled to refreshments at the boot camp and fireside networking
- All participants can apply to join CSAAE as Associates with benefits
- All participants will receive e-copies of the presentations and other training materials
Meet our career and enterprise development service providers
Saturday, July 13, 2019: 5pm – 9pm
Fireside Professional Networking Dinner and Social Evening
(This is a closed-door event for Boot Camp participants and CSAAE members only)
CSAAE Moral Leadership Posthumous Award
This event features:
- Informal opportunity for to interface with Career and Enterprise Development Service Providers
- Informal opportunity for participants to interface with invited professionals with vast networks in HR, academia and grant making.
- Musical entertainment, comedies and other forms of entertainment for relaxation.
- An award to select “Moral Leader in Anambra”
- Drawing of C-Raffle Draw
Special note on C-Raffle Draw
- The first prize is BRAND NEW HP LAPTOP.
- The second prize is BRAND NEW SAMSUNG TABLET.
- The third prize is BRAND NEW SAMSUNG PHONE. There are 10 other consolation prizes.
Note that Boot Camp Participants who paid N2500 are automatically entered for this draw. If you are not registering for the Boot Camp or not even attending the summit at all, you can also enter for the draw by buying the ticket with just N300.00. Click link to buy ticket if you are not participating in the boot camp or call 08168184714 to locate a nearby vendor for a cash purchase. Prizes will be hand delivered to winners, so you don’t have to be there for the drawing.
Please complete the form below
If form is not not displaying, it could be due to network or phone issues. If you have poor network some elements on a web page may not display or will not display correctly. If the form does not display on your browser just click on ‘open form in a new tab button’ below. This will take you to a new tab where you can fill the form
Launched in 2013, CSAAE is dedicated to harnessing the potential of young people and providing the kinds of tools and trainings that endow them with the capacities, competencies, and character necessary to sustain themselves, create opportunities that help others sustain themselves and embrace their roles as critical actors in building a better Africa. CSAAE is registered as a non-profit organization in Nigeria and a 501(c)(3) in the United States.