Application Deadline – September 20, 2020
CSAAE is an international non-profit dedicated to helping young people build great careers, cultivate a spirit of entrepreneurship, become effective leaders and embrace their roles as critical actors in building a better Africa. The Centre pursues its mission through three distinct programs that share the common goal of creating social, economic and political change one person at a time. They are:
- A career building and entrepreneurship program (CBEP) that helps young people get the education they need, secure employment or build enterprises that contribute to the development of Africa.
- A leadership program (ELP) that nurtures effective leaders committed to the common good and development of Africa.
- An ethics and anticorruption program (YEAP) that raises the consciousness of young people to the importance of good governance, transparency, accountability, rule of law and respect for human rights while working with them to fight corruption hindering development in Africa.
CSAAE carries out its operations in Africa from its Owerri office in Imo State, Nigeria, with technical support from its Baltimore office, in Maryland, U.S.A.
CSAAE is seeking a versatile and enthusiastic communications manager to tell CSAAE’s story to the world, promote CSAAE’s activities and inspire support for the vision of CSAAE.
- Manage CSAAE Website.
- Develop contents for CSAAE website and ensure that CSAAE website is updated.
- Write meaningful blogs on CSAAE blog (C-blog).
- Manage CSAAE social media accounts.
- Make meaningful social media posts.
- Improve CSAAE’s visibility on social media and increase following.
- Manage CSAAE Newsletter.
- Write and send newsletters to CSAAE fans.
- Manage CSAAE Internet TV (C-TV).
- Develop stories for C-TV and anchor C-TV broadcasts.
- Manage CSAAE fund raising campaigns.
- Coordinate donor relationship management.
- Manage CSAAE Journal (C-Journal).
- Coordinate the production of C-Journal.
- Set up online meetings and trainings.
- Manage CSAAE registration and application portals.
- Review internal and external inquiries.
- Assist in drafting, editing, and formatting proposals, reports to board and donors.
- Oversee and maintain document management system.
- Update database of CSAAE fans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, English, Government, Political Science, Philosophy, International Relations or a related field.
- NYSC Certificate.
- 1-2 years of professional and/or internship experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in preparing grant proposals and annual reports.
- Experience with WordPress and social media platforms.
- Proactive attitude, well organized, attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and set priorities independently.
- Ability to create and improve processes.
- Interest in entrepreneurship, leadership and ethics.
- Experience with Google and Microsoft Suites.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter as attachments to email@example.com. The subject of your email should read: “Firstname.Surname.Communications Manager.”
Also, please include the following in your resume:
- Social media handles.
- Links to articles written by you.
- Links to videos made by you.
Note: This is a full time job. Successful candidate must be resident in Owerri or willing to relocate to Owerri.