Effective Leaders Program
Call for application
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2020
Thank you for your interest in CSAAE’s Effective Leaders Program
Effective January 1, 2021, ELP will begin with a one-year immersion program that will focus on immersing future leaders into the culture of CSAAE and preparing them for a life-time leadership training, support and impact at NEAL.
The immersion year has two stages. The first stage is the enculturation stage while the second stage is the discernment stage.
Enculturation Stage (6 months)
This first stage of immersion is designed to help new members embrace the values, vision and mission of CSAAE while also learning about the theory, practice and key elements of effective leadership. It begins with a two-day foundation conference at Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria where CSAAE’s head office in Africa is located. The conference holds in early January annually. The Centre also brings in known effective leaders to share Africa’s leadership challenges, proffer solutions, challenge and inspire future leaders.
For the first two months after the foundation conference, new members are drilled in the vision, mission and values of CSAAE with special focus on the nexus between the core values of CSAAE and effective leadership. The last three months of the enculturation stage is used to introduce trainees to the theory and practice of leadership as well as to the key elements of leadership including financial literacy, creative and ethical leadership, leadership communication, etc.
Discernment Stage (6 months)
This second stage of the immersion is designed to help new members shape their leadership big dreams, identify model leaders to follow and initiate social enterprises that solve community problems. It begins with a two-day mid-year review to evaluate the progress of the trainees and to decide whether or not to retain a member in the program. The first 3 months after the mid-year review is dedicated to helping new members explore leadership areas critical to development that they can venture into including political, judicial, education, religious, business and media leadership. At the end of this guided exploration, trainee should be able to present leadership big dream plan detailing how s/he plans to realize such dream. The last three months of the discernment stage is used to help new members initiate social enterprises to tackle nagging socioeconomic problems in Africa. At the end of this guided research, trainee would be able to present a bankable social enterprise business plan.
After immersion, what next?
Upon successful completion of the immersion year, trainees are inducted into NEAL for a life-time of leadership training, support and impact. NEAL is a special community of leaders at CSAAE committed to the common good of Africa. Its sole goal is to take over the leadership of Africa for good. To achieve this, NEAL members run for political offices, serve in government, launch ethical businesses, bear on each other and other leaders on good governance, mentor future leaders, champion social impact projects and shape public policies. Members in good standing enjoy the following benefits.
ELP nurtures effective leaders committed to the development of Africa. ELP achieves its goal through:
- Education of Future Leaders: Supports university education of future leaders through scholarships.
- Ethics and Character Formation: Imbues future leaders with the morals for effective leadership.
- Enterprise Development: Assists future leaders to establish social and business enterprises.
- Leadership Building Experience: Connects future leaders with established leaders for mentoring.
- Leadership Skills Development: Trains future leaders in effective leadership skills.
- Leaders Welfare: Provides opportunities for the personal, financial and health security of effective leaders.
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 26.
- Must be an undergraduate or a graduate.
- Must be an African aspiring to leadership positions critical to development in Africa including political, business, religious, education, judicial and media leadership.
- Must show evidence of previous creative leadership experience at any level.
- Must show evidence of a strong spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Must show evidence of good character.
- Must sign CSAAE Ethics policy.
- Must commit to NEAL good governance and leadership policy.
- CSAAE associates and former members of ELP evicted for non-ethical reasons may apply.
The immersion year is free to successful applicants. For the foundation conference, there are full and partial grants available to successful applicants. Once you are selected, your acceptance letter will have a link to apply for the conference grant. Grant will cover lodging, meals and conference materials only. It will be awarded on case-by-case basis. Successful applicants will be responsible for their round-trip (bus or air) fare to Owerri.
How to Apply:
To apply, please complete the form below.