YOUTH ETHICS ESSAY COMPETITION
OBJECTIVE AND USE OF ESSAY
Youths form the bulk of our target audience at CSAAE and we intend to access their individual intellectual insights into the problems of lack of ethics and corruption in the Nigerian society. Fresh perspectives into the problems and proffered solutions are reasons behind the setting up of this essay contest.
This year’s edition of the annual essay competition is themed on the four YEAP focus areas namely:
- Rule of law.
- Human rights.
- Character formation.
Participants are required to write an essay on any of the following:
(a) Stop abuse of a specific human right in Nigeria,
(b) Stop disrespect of specific Nigerian law,
(c) Fight specific corrupt practice in Nigeria, or
(d) Promote specific civic virtue in Nigeria.
Essays will be judged by way of blind assessment by selected experts based on the following criteria;
- Originality of thoughts and ideas as expressed.
- Veracity of facts and problems identified.
- Practicability of proposed solutions.
- Mechanical accuracy.
The following are the criteria for eligibility for this competition;
- Must be a Nigerian Citizen with proof of citizenship.
- Must be a Youth between the ages of 18 and 35 as at the time of submission of essay.
- Must be domiciled in Nigeria.
- Must be an undergraduate student in any registered tertiary institution in Nigeria with proof of identification.
- Must be of sufficient ethical standing in his or her school.
- Any submission after the deadline of 30th October, 2019 will not be considered.
- The essay should have a maximum word count of 2500 words and not less than 2000 words (including Title page, Bibliography or References)
- The essay must be written in English language.
- Any preferred reference format may be employed but references must be clear, verifiable and accessible.
- The entry must be word processed and well presented.
- Your name, academic institution or other identifiers should not appear on any part of the page.
- Cash prizes of 50,000 Naira for top two essayists respectively to be presented at the Youth Ethics Summit to be held in July 2020.
- Publication in CSAAE’s annual C-Journal for top two essayists.
- Fully sponsored trip to Ethics Summit including feeding and accommodation for the summit.
- Plaques and awards for top two essay entries
- Top two essayists to speak at the Summit
- Top 20 participants get an e-certificate of participation and an invite to the summit sent to their respective mail address.
- Top 20 essayists get automatic C-associate memberships.
- The deadline for submission of essays is October 30, 2019.
- Qualifying entrants will be contacted on or before November 30, 2019.
HOW TO SUBMIT ESSAY
Email your ESSAY in PDF document to email@example.com. The subject of your email must bear 2019 YOUTH ESSAY COMPETITION
For questions, please call: +2348165047214