The Incorruptible Nigerian Youth Award
Call for Nomination
Although corruption is a global phenomenon, Nigeria has for the past decade been ranked by anti-corruption agencies as one of the most corrupt nations in the world. Corruption is endemic in Nigeria cutting across all sectors, classes, and ages. Recently, the government, civil societies, and international organizations have launched initiatives to combat corruption in Nigeria. These are welcome developments. But, most of these efforts attack corruption when it is already a problem and largely follow top-down approaches that treat symptoms rather than causes.
To begin healing our nation’s culture of corruption from the root, the Centre for Social Awareness, Advocacy and Ethics, Inc. (CSAAE) launched the “Incorruptible Nigerian Youth Award.” It is an annual special award to honor remarkable Nigerian youths who have been deemed incorruptible by their peers and CSAAE’s team of external evaluators.
The award recognizes the courage and determination of youths who are keen on doing the right thing and have undertaken actions that have had or likely to have significant impact on any form of corruption in their vicinities. Nominated individuals for this award must be agents of positive change and be at the forefront in the fight against corruption in their various communities by either bringing corrupt practices to the limelight, orienting their fellow youths how to identify, resist and fight corruption or ensuring that perpetrators of corrupt practices are penalized, and their victims compensated.
To be nominated for this award, all nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Nigerian youth, between 18 and 35 years of age.
- Must be resident in Nigeria
- Must be nominated by at least 50 adults.
- Must have undertaken an action that has had or likely to have a significant impact on any form of corruption.
- The action must be particularly courageous, inspirational and deserving of wide local and international recognition
- Must have demonstrated that resisting and fighting corruption in Nigerian are possible and can have a positive impact in the society.
- You can nominate yourself or others.
Nomination and Selection Procedure
The nomination and selection process for this award involves two stages:
Potential recipients are nominated by at least 50 youths using the nomination form below. At the end of the nomination stage, nominees will be assessed by CSAAE’s team of external evaluators to ensure that they meet the award’s selection criteria. Nominees approved by two-thirds of evaluators will proceed to the final stage.
Voting and Selection Stage:
List of Approved nominees will be uploaded on CSAAE’s website for voting and selection by the general public. At the end of the voting period, one nominee with the highest number of votes will be declared winner of the award for that year.
Top nominee to:
- receive cash prize of #100,000.00 at CSAAE Youth Ethics Summit holding in Abuja (January 2020)
- speak at the summit
- receive merit award (plaque) at the summit
- receive certificate of merit which will be recognized by some employers. This may give winner an advantage over others in the labor market
- be featured in 2020 international C-Journal
- be sponsored to the summit. Travel grant includes lodging and meals
- receive technical and financial support to advance ethics cause
- be eligible for jobs and internship opportunities at CSAAE and partner organizations become CSAAE Associate with full benefits.
These benefits do not expire as long as winner remains in good standing with the Centre. Benefits will be stripped if it is proven anytime that winner is involved in any form of corruption.
FOR ENQUIRIES AND EMERGENCY
Theophilus Oladipo @ Toladipo@csaaeinc.org, Tel: +2348165047214