AGAIN MAKE IT USEFUL (AMIU)
BRIEF DESCRIPTION: The basic idea of this project is to recycle solid domestic wastes like paper, nylons, foams etc into furniture and decorative for use in homes and offices. The project is of very verse application because the sphere of recycling covers virtually all the materials we use at our homes, schools, funfairs, markets and so on: Paper when soaked can be remolded into various shapes like flower vase. Apart from that, waste papers can be crafted into origami products which are for decorating homes and offices. Waste plastic products like straw, nylon bags, etc. are good sources of environmental pollution. They can be melted into other useful tools or part of tools for the making of decorative as well.
WHAT WE DO IN AMIU
- We gather waste papers, straws, pure water nylon bags, nylon bags, and plastics.
- We use paints, brushes, scissors, filing machines, hack and circular saw, glues, gums.
- We step up the value chain of polytene and wood wastes.
This is what I mean;
|THE CONVENTIONAL VALUE CHAIN||WHERE AMIU COMES IN|
Presents are bought
GOALS OF THE PROJECT
- To build a great firm (Factory) which uses wastes as the basic raw materials for production.
- To employ and train more and more youth who will in turn train and employ others.
- To organize semeners on how to go about the recycling wastes around in the environment.
- To cover as large an area as possible, even the whole of Africa with the recycling spirit and mindset.
MEASURING THE IMPACT OF THE PROJECT:
One of the ways the impact of this project can be measured is by the number of people who are employed in the work sphere. Based on my calculations, at least ten? (10) persons will be enough for a start, and for small scale production which include an accountant. At long run, the firm should be able to employ larger number of persons for a large scale producion.
Another way to measure the impact of this project is how far and wide the spirit of recycling has taken effect in Africa. Within three (3) years if things work out as expected, through the use of media and other platforms, this project surely be heard of in the whole of Nigeria and possibly beyond.
We will keep making publicity about what we do through various means like one on one contacts, group chat discourse etc and we will update ourselves on new finding pertaining to recycling.
- We will raise the standard of this venture up to international level.
- We will partner with world class recycling organizations.
- We will merge on the progress made so far to broaden our scope
- Organize trainings for young and creative minds to explore the world of recycling.
- We hope to have a clean and tidy Africa through these recycling processes.
No healthy environment can be possible without recycling. The earth is awaiting those who care enough to handle wastes the proper way. A clean Africa begins with you. Together, we can make Africa a better place.