From time immemorial so many things have been said about the history of our dear country, from those that are aware and those that are not aware of the History itself which has affected us one way or the other.
Africa legend and world icon Nelson Mandela said, “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” if the foundation is bad, what can the builder do? NOTHING, to enlighten them on the history of the country, since the aim of CSAAE is Better Africa, future must be aware of their history which will make them ready for the Better Africa we all working towards. My goal is to have more youth who can understand the history of the country in other to tolerate other ethnic groups and religion.
My name is Olatunji Ayobami Peter, I am a native of Ifom osun in Orolu local government area of Osun state. A student in the department of telecommunication science department, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara state Nigeria.
In 2017, my pursuit to learn and live a life of a good leader was blessed by making me one of the Emerging Nigerian Leaders of the Centre for Social Awareness, Advocacy and Ethics Inc. The journey so far has been on self-building since it’s not a fallacy that you cannot give what you don’t have, the ability to build myself is a very good pointer to the Africa and Nigeria we are all looking forward to. In other to make the nation great, it inspired this community development project under the umbrella of Centre for Social Awareness, Advocacy and Ethics Inc.
- A team has been setup which consists of 5members
- A letter has been sent to about 20 schools(Secondary and Primary) in Kwara state community
- Classes on Nigeria history in the school at least once every week
- Awareness on some important part of Nigeria history on media
- Interactive session with people around the metropolitan on some salient part of Nigeria history
- Gift for best student in history of Nigeria at the end of the program