Revolutionizing Nigeria’s Economy
through Oil Palm Cultivation
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Revolutionizing Nigeria’s economy through Oil palm cultivation is a project that aims to add positively to the Agricultural sector of the country with the view of helping the sector to grow.
This project seeks to explore the advantages or treasures that are hidden in the agricultural crop called Oil palm. This project has to do with nursing the oil palm seedlings in the nursery till they are matured to be transplanted to an already prepared land.
MORE ABOUT OIL PALM
Oil palm is a valuable economic crop and provides a major source of employment. Its plantation is also the most useful plantation in the world. In addition to these outstanding facts, everything in a palm tree is useful, from the palm oil to the palm fronds which is used for the benefit of man.
AIMS/OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
1. To establish enough nurseries of about fifty (50) seedlings each.
2. To nurse these oil palm seedlings until they are matured to be transfered to an already prepared farmland.
3. To transplant the nursed palms into an already prepared land, forming a plantation.
My name is Thomas Ashu, i am from Bekwarra Local Government Area in Cross River State. I am the last out of the family of 5. I am currently a student in federal college of education in Affiliation with University of Calabar studying English Language.
I’ve been able to:
1. Set up a team for this project.
2. Set up two nurseries in different locations around the country.
3. Start nursing the seedlings in these nurseries.
1. Set up more oil palm nurseries
2. Getting and preparing a land as against the seedlings in the nursery.
This project and its team will work hand in hand to see an agriculturally and economically stable country.