Job Openings at CSAAEINC
May 1, 2018
The Centre for Social Awareness, Advocacy and Ethics, Inc.(CSAAEINC) is searching for creative, self-motivated and visionary individuals to fill the following vacant positions at the Centre:
- Full time Programs Manager
- Graduate Assistant
- Undergraduate Intern
CSAAEINC is an international non-profit organization established to redress the challenges of leadership, poor entrepreneurial spirit, and misguided social and moral sense – all of which we believe are the causes of poverty and underdevelopment in Africa. We accomplish these through four programs designed to nurture a new generation of African leaders and workforce imbued with the morals and skill set necessary to facilitate development, end poverty and make Africa a better place. They include: Emerging African Leaders Program (ELP); Network of Effective African Leaders (NEAL); Career Building and Entrepreneurship Program (CBEP) and; Students Ethics and Anti-Corruption Network (SEACON).
Within the last 4 years, our programs have trained over ten thousand youths across 21 States of Nigeriain leadership, entrepreneurship and ethics. Our long-term structured nurturing programs are helping hundreds of youths including aspiring political, media, religious, business and judicial leaders build the capacities, competencies and character to become successful and bring positive change to Africa. We have inspired and power 38 social impact projects, which have reached additional 11107 people acrossNigeriaespecially children, women and youths.
1. Solidarity: Commitment to common good.
2. Integrity – The quality of being honest and fair.
3. Creativity – The ability to think of and actualize new ideas.
4. Punctuality – The quality of being on time; keeping engagements; promptness.
5. Accountability – The obligation to account for your activities, accept responsibility for them, and to disclose the results in a transparent manner. It also includes the responsibility for money or other entrusted property.
- Programs Manager
The programs manager manages the organization’s four programs and reports directly to the president of the Centre.
1. Must have some experience in grant writing and fund raising for non-profits.
2. Must have some experience in preparing and defending organizational budgets as well as book keeping.
3. Must have good managerial skills. Experience as a manager in a private sector with two or more employees reporting to candidate is an advantage.
4. Communication: Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Event planning: CSAAEINC hosts several conferences and summits. Ideal candidate must be a good event planner. Must have some experience in planning conferences.
6. Project management: Must have some experience in managing small to medium scale projects in a non-profit setting.
7. Computer skills: Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Social Media: Must be able to use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Drive, WhatsApp, Skype, WordPress, etc.
1. Bachelor’s degree in any area. A degree in non-profit management, business administration or project management is an advantage. Master’s degree preferred.
2. NYSC certificate
Monthly Salary: Negotiable.
Full time: 9-5pm. Monday – Friday. Candidate must be willing to work weekends as needed
- Graduate Assistant:
The Graduate assistant:
- Serves as research assistant to CSAAEINC President.
- Assists the Programs Manager in his or her duties.
- Assists the IT Director and Web Manager in IT related jobs.
- Initiates and manages fund raising activities.
- Cutting edge research skills.
- Good website, video and photo editing skills.
- Good literary skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Two years Master’s degree scholarship – Tuition only
- Monthly stipend for books and transportation
- Flexible work hours
Minimum of 24 hours a week in the office.
Warning: The Graduate assistant must be enrolled in a master’s program at Imo State University Owerri or Federal University of Technology, Owerri since the Centre’s head office is in Owerri.
- Undergraduate Intern
The undergraduate intern:
- Handles CSAAEINC social media platforms.
- Markets CSAAEINC products.
- Initiates and carries out fund raising activities.
- Carries out any duties assigned to him or her by the programs manager.
9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday.
N: B: Only candidates for six months internship will be accepted.
General information for all applicants
1. Travel: CSAAEINC holds frequent conferences and meetings within and outside Nigeria. Candidates must be willing to travel (by air or land) within and outside Nigeria for conferences and meetings.
2. CSAAEINC works with youths: Candidates must have passion for youth development and empowerment and must be able to get along with students in tertiary institutions.
3. Trainings: CSAAEINC may send you for trainings. Candidate must be willing to go for the training anywhere determined by CSAAEINC.
May 26, 2018
Email Resume (not C.V.) and cover letter to:
No phone calls please.