Launched in 2014, CBEP provides the kinds of tools and extended training on career direction that allow youths ages 18 – 35 land dream jobs, initiate enterprises in areas of market demand or get the education they need and contribute to the socioeconomic development of Africa
Young Mompreneurs Initiative is a women economic empowerment program designed to provide expert enterprise development training and support that allow young moms in rural areas (ages 18-40) who are breadwinners in their families to initiate and grow business enterprises to sustain their families and create opportunities that help others sustain themselves.
YIMI equips participants with local entrepreneurship opportunities, evaluates the viability of existing businesses, provides trainings on how to secure start-up or scale-up funds, advises on investment opportunities and provides extended structured enterprise development support to ensure that success is achieved.
Campus Career Building and Entrepreneurship Summit is designed to help undergraduate and postgraduate students navigate one of three paths from college to career: entering the workforce, pursuing a post-graduate degree, or starting a business. Students are equipped with the strategies, contacts, real-time resources and extended career development mentoring – otherwise unavailable in the classrooms – necessary to land dream jobs, initiate enterprises in areas of market demand or further their education home or abroad.
It is also an opportunity to inspire students and youths within the university environ to embrace their roles as critical actors in building a better Africa through a community development project fair. The fair showcases innovative efforts by youths to tackle community problems across the country.
“CBEP led me to Notre Dame and guided me through the application process. I got full M.Sc scholarship”
“CBEP gave me useful CV and job interview preparation tips that helped me land my dream job at PWC, Lagos”
“Digprom was inspired by CSAAE. CBEP trainers gave me the push and support I needed to launch.” CEO, Digrom:
Arch. Kenneth Azukaeme
“CBEP taught me how to build trust, and customer relationship. These have been the secrets of my success.”
CBEP provides support in the following areas
- Entrepreneurship: Identifies entrepreneurship opportunities in areas of market demand and provides resources for start-ups.
- Funding: Identifies funding opportunities and helps participants to secure funds.
- Financial Management and Investment: Providesreal-time investment options and teaches financial management.
- Law and Ethics: Advises on how to avoid legal setbacks, take advantage of the law to facilitate career growth and grounds participants on best practices.
- Packaging and Marketing: Drills participants on how to maximize potentials, package talents and develop effective marketing skills while identifying profitable marketing outlets.
- Project Management: Helps participants build project management skills, teamwork capabilities, andbargaining power. Advises on partnership opportunities and franchising.
- Jobs: Identifies real-timejob placement opportunities, fine-tune CVs and packages participants for job interviews.
- Education: Counsels on personality to success achievement traits. Identifies study opportunities abroad and walks participants through the applicationprocess.
- Social Responsibility: Explains social responsibility options and how they can enhance career growth.