As part of its Career Building and Entrepreneurship Program, the Centre for Social Awareness, Advocacy and Ethics, Inc. (CSAAE) in partnership with Access Bank Plc is organizing a one-day business boot camp for financially vulnerable young mothers in Imo State.
Date: March 23, 2019.
Venue: Immaculate Hotel, Owerri.
Time: 9:00 am
This business boot camp will:
- Identify entrepreneurship opportunities in areas of market demand and provide resources for start-ups.
- Identify funding opportunities and help participants apply and secure funds.
- Provide real time investment options and teach participants how to create, manage, save and grow money.
Boot camp is free including lunch, light refreshment, conference materials and extended business development mentoring by CSAAE Business and Skill-Set Development Service Providers. Travel grant may also be available on need-based basis.
To qualify, applicant:
- Must be a mother, married or not.
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 45.
- Must have atleast one child that depends on her
- Must either own a small business or would like to start one
- Can read and write
- Must be a resident of Imo State
MBBC is designed to provide the kind of tools and trainings that endow poor moms with the capacities, competencies and character necessary to sustain their families and create opportunities that help others sustain themselves. To this end, priority will be given to young mothers who are breadwinners of their families.