According to World Bank Statistics, Africa has the fastest growing youthful population in the world. This demographic finding portends challenges and opportunities. The challenges are economic and social; both are highly connected. As the population expands, jobs must be created. If these jobs are not enough, there will be many young people who are unemployed. Sadly, millions of graduates in Africa can hardly find jobs that befit their hard-earned degrees because the education system does not equip youths with the skills to create or land existing jobs after college, nor are African governments creating enough jobs. This has led to massive youth unemployment in Africa. Massive unemployment as we have it in Africa today is not good for any society because unemployed youths are readily available for anti-social criminal activities that undermine the stability of society. Little wonder terrorist groups are fast growing in Africa.
CBEP engages youths in discussions about career direction. The emphasisin the program is on helping participants navigate one of three paths from college to career: entering the workforce, pursuing a graduate degree, or starting a business. The aim is to help youths accomplish career goals or become successful entrepreneurs and contribute to African socio-economicdevelopment. CBEP trains youth on how to become successful entrepreneurs; secure dream jobs; secure educational and training opportunities home and abroad; create, manage, save and grow money; and get involved in civic activities. (add appropriate picture)
CBEP Training Opportunities
CBEP Campus Summit aka Campus Opportunity Fair (COF)
This is a one-day campus intensive training that not only teaches college students skills and strategies that they can use to make a living with their degreesbut also provides them withreal-timeresources – otherwise unavailable in the classrooms – to do so. COF helps students build self-awareness, project management skills, ethical base, teamwork capabilities, resources and contacts to land dream jobs, initiate enterprises in areas of market demand or further their education.
View past CBEP campus summits
CBEP Foundation Training
This is one-day off-campus intensive training that challenges participants to think outside the box about career pursuits with an eye toward career and business practices that enhance the greater good for Africa. The aim is to inspire participants, expose them to valuable information on career choice, entrepreneurship, jobs, studies abroad and financial management, while also diagnosing their career and business plans.
View past CBEP Foundation trainings
Areas covered at CBEP Training
Whether you are unsure of what to study or unhappy with your course; have graduated and not able to find a job; desire to further your studies abroad, but where and how; want to start your own business, but no or too many business ideas; have a great business idea but no capital to start; have trouble saving or got some cash but no clue how best to invest it; need help with packaging and marketing your product; or just worried about the legal and ethical sides of your career; CBEP trainingswill provide you with the information and tools needed to tackle these challenges
CBEP trainings can be Full Panel (Featuring all 9 CBEP modules), Multiple or Single Panel. These include:
- Entrepreneurship: Identifies entrepreneurship opportunities in areas of market demand and provides resources for start-ups.
- Funding: Identifies funding opportunities and helps participants to secure funds.
- Financial Management and Investment: Providesreal-timeinvestment options and teaches financial management.
- Law and Ethics: Advises on how to avoid legal setbacks, take advantage of the law to facilitate career growth and grounds participants on best practices.
- Packaging and Marketing: Drills participants on how to maximize potentials, package talents and develop effective marketing skills while identifying profitable marketing outlets.
- Project Management: Helps participants build project management skills, teamwork capabilities, andbargaining power. Advises on partnership opportunities and franchising.
- Jobs: Identifies real-timejob placement opportunities, fine-tuneCVs and packages participants for job interviews.
- Education: Counsels on personality to success achievement traits. Identifies study opportunities abroad and walks participants through the applicationprocess.
- Social Responsibility: Explains social responsibility options and how they can enhance career growth.
What happens after CBEP training?
Following the training, CBEP trainers provide pro bono consulting to help participants land dream jobs, initiate enterprises in areas of market demand or get the education they need, home or abroad. They provide one-on-one guidance to participants as they search for jobs, schools or start-up enterprises.
Meet CBEP trainers
How can I attend CBEP Training?
CBEP trainingisusually group training. Parishes, Schools, Youth Groups, Town Unions can organize any Panel for their Youths. CSAAE also organizes on-and-off campus CBEP trainingoccasionally
Upcoming CBEP training
CAFO hosts CBEP Foundation Training at Owerri
CBEP Success stories
CBEP has helped Kayode Ishola, recent graduate of UNILORIN launch Digprom, a fast-growing IT firm. CBEP has also helped Pantaleon Uwaleme, recent FUTO graduate secure fully funded M.Sc scholarship at the University of Notre Dame, Indiana, U.S.A. CBEP helped Michelle Nwagha, recent IMSU graduate land her dream job at an international accounting firm in Lagos.
For more enquiries about CBEP or to book for training, please call: +234 703 571 1911 or +234 816 818 4714 email: firstname.lastname@example.org